Remembering 2006



http://www.punchbowl.com
They say 7th birthdays are special. I wonder why. 

Exactly this day Seven years ago, i was walking around the Mall of Asia trying to induce my 41-week old pregnant belly. The crib has been set up in our room, the new baby clothes washed and folded inside the white plastic drawers. My parents monitored their phones for that text or call from me to say 'I'm in labor!'. Their first grandchild was going to be born anytime soon. I remember the cool breeze as Dens and i walked around the bay area. Talking about our dreams for the little one that was going to change our lives forever.

Then my contractions started. We made the text announcements to our family as we excitedly drove home. My mom met us at home and we went to the hospital together. Twelve hours of painless labor later, i only dilated to 7cm. Baby's heartrate was dropping so we had to do an emergency c-section. When Tyler came out, i caught a glimpse of him.  He did not cry. He weighed only 4 pounds and 13 ouces. Such a tiny fighter. My mom knew something was wrong. I didn't. Then I fell asleep in the operating room.

Dens and my dad were waiting for the good news outside the operating room. My mom gave my dad a call on his mobile phone and he told Dens that there seems to be something wrong with Tyler. Dens said he felt weak in the knees.  My Dad and Dens stool still, trying to absorb the unexpected news.

A few days later, they shared the news to me. Two short months later, we lost Tyler.

Tomorrow is October 6. Seven years after our first child was born. They say 7th birthdays are special. Yes, that's true.  But to me, 7th birthdays are just as special as the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and beyond.  Every year spent with your love one is another year to celebrate. 

On Sunday, i will wake up and embrace my two children a little tighter. Lie in bed with them a little longer. I will bask in the moment and remember it forever. Cause life is too short to miss a day. Cherish your blessings. Let go of past hurts. Enjoy the gift that is today.

God bless.

Monsees  – (October 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM)  

Hi Tiffany! This is Marina from Monsees. I'd like to send you an invitation to a blogger event. May I know your email address so that I can personally send it to you? Thanks and more power!

Monsees  – (October 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM)  

Btw, my email address is monseescafe@gmail.com.

densandfan  – (October 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM)  

Hi Marina! I sent you an email already. Thanks for reaching out.

densandfan  – (October 16, 2013 at 1:49 PM)  

Hello Michelle! :) Thanks * HUGS * back!

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP