OMBU, A Modern Filipino Restaurant

When someone says Filipino food, images of Kare-kare, Crispy Pata and garlic rice comes to mind. In my mental picture, the dish is served on banana leaves in a traditional Filipino restaurant with lots of wood, abaca and shell interiors.  Although I must admit that even though Filipino food is usually very tasty, it’s not my cup of tea. I like to dine in restaurants with modern and clean interiors.  And I like my food to not only taste good but also look good too (think food styling and French cuisine).  This fusion of good food and modern ambiance was answered a few months ago when I got to try the newly opened OMBU Restaurant in Quezon City.
Last Wednesday, I found myself back at OMBU with the SoMoms for a session with Coach Pia. OMBU is situated at the ground floor of the new Sequoia Hotel in Quezon City. The hotel itself is beautifully designed with clean lines and modern interiors.  OMBU’s classy ambiance perfectly compliments the hotel. We were served a delicious spread of Filipino dish with a modern twist.

Here are some of my top picks during the SoMoms event.
Penne Pasta in Olive Oil and Spanish Sardines

Tinapa Croquettes
Salted Egg Tempura

Beignet with Tsokolate-eh
Their prices are reasonable. Pasta dishes range from P200+ to P300+.  I spotted a lot of other items on the menu that i will definitely be going back for like the Lambanog Cream Pasta and the Choco Lava Cake ala Mode.

Do check them out if you're in the area. Good for family gatherings or dates. The combination of good food and modern ambiance will not disappoint.

OMBU
Ground floor, Sequoia Hotel.
91-93 Mother Ignacia St. corner Timog Avenue
South Triangle, Quezon City
Manila, Philippines
Tel: (632) 441 0518


James Abram  – (March 19, 2015 at 2:07 PM)  

I'm craving to visit Ombu because of this post! Thank you so much Tiffany! I'm in the nearest Quezon City Hotel right now and I'll be visiting this resto soon.

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP