My Faith Chronicles


Troy's footprints on Day 1
I have an observation.  

Once a woman decides to start a family, natural motherhood instincts worries kick in. Just when you thought you're over the worst parenting anxiety, the next one comes up.

Worry #1 - Will i get pregnant? How soon? Will we encounter difficulty conceiving?

Worry #2 - You're pregnant. Yay! Will the baby be okay? Will my baby be healthy and normal?

Worry #3 - Congratulations! You have given birth to a healthy baby! Will I be able to breastfeed? Is she getting enough nutrition? Will she sleep through the night? To vaccine or not to vaccine?

Worry #4 - You're chasing your happy toddler around and you're wondering...why isn't she talking yet??? is there something wrong?

Worry #5 - You now have an inquisitive pre-school. Then you start doing your research. What is the best school for my child? Will she ace the entrance exam?

Worry #6 - Primary School, here we go.  Will my gradeschool kid do well in school? 

Worry #7 - Welcome to teen parenting. You now start to think of the best way to remain 'friends' with your child. How will i ensure the she still confides in me? I hope she doesn't get into a relationship too soon.

Worry #7 - What a milestone! You now have a graduating child! Will she get into a good college? gosh, here we go again with those entrance exams!

Worry #8 - Whew! Done with college. Oh, i hope she gets a good paying job and finds the right lifetime partner.

Worry #9 - Best wishes to my child. I can't believe she's married!

Worry #10 - Will she get pregnant? How soon? Will they encounter difficulty conceiving?

...and the cycle goes on.

Well, i've got good new for us worriers out there.  

God is our creator. He did not only create us but he formed these little beings inside of us. He knew them even before we did.

Psalms 139:13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

God loves our children more than we ever could. Hard to imagine? It's true.


Isaiah 49:15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!

And i leave you with my all-time favorite verse.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Have faith. Our children are safe in the loving arms of our Lord. God knows best.


Anonymous –   – (September 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM)  

Hello there! This article couldn't be written much better! Looking through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He continually kept preaching about this. I am going to forward this article to him. Fairly certain he'll have a good read.
Thank you for sharing!
Also visit my homepage ; Cereal Bowls

Post a Comment

  © Theme Designed by Fancy Girl Designs 2011 for Breakfast with Tiffany

Back to TOP